Friday, April 07, 2006

Omaha Limit w/Negreanu

Omaha Limit (ugh) tourney with a $1/entrant bounty on the Kid's noggin starting in 15...

Looks like I need to start coming up with the $500 entry fee for the FCPHUPL with 50% of the vote...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win the first two hands right off the bat-flop a straight then my 9s in the hole hold when I miss my draw. Then the downward spiral of my limit game ensues. AA flops a set but gets run down by a straight so I have to let it go. Wish I was the guy that flopped quads with QQ. Manage to make my next AA hold, as well as a KK. Man, Omaha is crazy enough, not being able to protect your hand is even tougher. Like when my opponent flops a set but a straight possibility appears on the turn and I raise (still on the draw) then fall into the nut straight on the river. Or when I flop trips but my opponent flops a boat and I don't improve much to my dismay. AA holds again for me. Flop the nut straight and the river pairs the board so I have to fold again. Push with my wee stack and luck out into the nuts again on the river to stay alive. End up 32nd out of 41 (and I didn't even get to sit with Daniel-he busted out before me though!) when I make 2 pair on the river but am undone by a straight-yuck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Created a private FCP tourney and it ended up being just me, Vatche, and weakdraw (Protege Seat 7 winner). Weakdraw moves over the top of my small pre-flop raise and I put him on a big Ace, no pair (boy was I wrong) so I call with my little 4s only to smack into his 9s. Then Vatche cuts down my Cowboys with trips on the turn and I'm gone just like that.

$5 1+1. Really like the re-buy tournaments that offer 1 re-buy and 1 add-on rather than the unlimited frenzies. 1st hand, AJ call a small pre-flop raise, flop rags, call a small bet because I don't put opponent on a pair or a matching small card in his hand, turn an Ace and I'm in for the rest of the way, devouring the bluff. TT, re-raise an early raiser only to have the SB push HARD and the original raiser call so I figure I'm no good and fold. Wrong. AK v AQ. Good until the flop that is, AJA! Got stubborn with a hand I knew I was beat with but proceeded to call anyway and donk my stack off to near-nothingness. One of the leaks in my game that I've tried to work on but still get caught by (still more frequently than I'd like-life's weird like that; sometimes I can let things go almost instantaneously, other times, well, I still haven't) because of my own damn retardation (didn't help it being the cooler anyways). Short-stack slam w/AJ, called by A8, chop 44Q64 board:( KK in the BB, check it to see the flop in a multi-way pot, flop 556, move, no calls. AT move again, get called by an aggressive player w/Q9s and make a pair of tens while my opponent doesn't improve to put me back over starting. 77 in the BB, move, called by A9s, flop A, turn A=re-buy. Miss my inside but the board pairs 4s on the river so I make an either believable or uncallable play to take down the pot. Limp w/AK early again, this time hitting a K on the flop but no action from the blinds.

3775 @ the break with my add-on, 98th out of 130 (283 entrants) left. Look back at the screen after folding K5, K5K flop-don't you just love that? AA very next hand, small raise pre-flop, 3 callers, flop rags, action from top pair, A river for a nail in the coffin to more than double up. Wow-AQ raise big, 1 caller, Kxx flop, checked to me so I bet half my opponent's stack, he goes all-in. I call (?) and my opponent flips KQ, killing me dead to 3 cards. Which I hit on the turn! Wow again. Just got shot into the running for real. Divine intervention is acknowledged-thank you Lord. Then I get pushed off my little Ace, which would have not only won the hand but also eliminated the original raiser. Flop trips w/67s and slow-play on the flop, slamming it on the turn with a big check-raise to take it down. Limp w/KJs and flop nut flush draw, call tiny stack's all-in move (so as not to shut out the remaining player in the hand), turn card flushes both of us (steel wheel draw on turn for opponent), I win. 55 on the button, flop QJx, push when it is checked to me, 1 caller, who then folds to my turn bet. Raise it w/33, minimal damage loss to A9(9). Flop wrap draw, turn 2nd button, river Broadway.

16,320 @ break #2, 21st out of remaining 38. Down to 4 tables, 20 places pay. Fold to a turn bet, miss Broadway again on the river. 77 shoots me up into 8th out of the last 29. Let go of an AJ that would commit 3/4 of my stack pre-flop. Limp w/22 in a 5-way pot for no help on the flop (KK made a set though, 2 for me on the turn, 3rd player rivered a straight!). Aces get no action.

Bubble. Nothing but a 99, which gets no challenge.

Money. Currently 15th. 66, re-raise the button. Make another steal by representing trips, knowing my opponent did not have it. AA, re-raise the button. Attempt another steal but get caught by the real thing (apparently). AJ loses when I think the short-stack is making a blind play on a 2TT flop but has a deuce.

24,398, 12th of 15. A3 takes one down to put me briefly in 10th. AQs move all-in, called by 66. Flop an Ace, turn a 6, river an Ace, out in 15th. Won an extra 10 dollars. Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home