Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bunch of luck and loose play as the night progressed nets me about $250, help in paying for my lodging in Sin City. Start off by re-raising Mateen pre-flop w/KK, who brings it in for $5, I kick it to $10. Flop QJx, all spades, Mateen bets out $20, I call (with 2nd nut flush draw) and he says he's all-in before the turn falls and I call. He flips AK of hearts and another spade locks it for me. A few 46s boost my stack throughout the night. A Glenn Chervin. Leaning on Eli w/the Perkins, verbally announcing it, knowing he'd fold to my re-raising him all-in. Jiddy, 10-4 good buddy.

Quote of the day, from the mouth of Eli "Eeyore" Stanley: "I've been short-stacked my whole life." This was after he complained how he had just folded 25 and would have made 2 pair. I get 25s right after and raise pre-flop, flop 46s, 10s completes my flush on the turn for a nice pot. But it was also before I sucked out an unbelievable 2-outer on the river to steal a very large pot from him. So if I was to respond, "It's the fight in the dog, not the dog in the fight," it might be considered uncouth, but after all, it is the "Home of the Loose Call."

Room reserved @ Binion's, 5 nights, $300. Poker room rate may even lower that while I'm there. No wireless access in the rooms other than dial-up with AOL-WTF is that?! Guess the Nugget across the street has it though.

The 2006 World Series of Poker has begun!!! Event #2 $1500 NL HE has my #20 pick from the Fantasy Pool, Carlos Mortensen, with the chip lead right now (I removed Devilfish from my list and he is at #6!).

Maybe I should spend some money on some groceries instead of a vacation?
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Ben!

I can't wait until Vegas... we are going to have a blast! I am so happy you decided to go! Take care!

T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home