Monday, July 31, 2006

End of My Vegas Saga

Here's the end of my trip...

Binion's 2AM tourney, buy-in with the bonus buy and re-buy ended up costing a total of $110. 40 players, 6 places pay. Start off with this mouthy, pompous older guy to my immediate left. He acts like he knows everyone and some people seem to know him. Talks like he's running the show, blah, blah, blah. Early on I limp with J9 of spades late in position, flop K68, all spades. Checked around to me, I bet, button re-raises me, I call. Turn 9 of clubs, I bet. I tell the button his Ace of spades is no good, it's not coming. Plus, my straight is good right now. He thinks more, finally goes all-in. I call, he shows KT, T of spades, so he's drawing dead. Good start. AQ of hearts, I call UTG raiser, cut-off behind me calls as well. Q high flop, UTG bets, I move all-in, cut-off calls with less, UTG folds, cut-off flips AA. OMG, I'm fuct. Until the turn spikes another Q!!! Little later, I raise with 99, Mr. Big Shot moves all-in over the top, folded back around to me, I ask for time, Mouthy says Time, blah, blah, blah, time for you to get a watch, blah, blah, blah, to which I respond, No, time for you to shut the fuck up. In my politest voice of course. 'Cause at this point, I'm tired of his big mouth pretending to be the tournament director. He retorts he's gonna get me penalized for my f-bomb, like it's the goddamn WSOP, blah, blah, blah, so I rest my cheek on my hand whilst giving him the bird. He explodes, saying he's gonna make sure I never set foot in Binion's, in Vegas again, blah, blah, blah, a floor man comes over, starts counting down from 1 minute, I let him get all the way down and the dealer mucks my hand. Mr. Fucking Poker then eliminates 3 players in about as many hands. So essentially I'm handcuffed by this chip leader acting immediately after me. And it's the King of Motherfucking Vegas to boot. I do find out later from a dealer that he went heads-up with Thunder Keller in an event a couple years ago. He does look vaguely familiar off TV, and his raspy Boston accent rings a bell. Make it to the FT, then out in 5th for +$110. Sort of weak pay-out but any at this point on my trip is better than none. And it's not a bad way to end my vacation. Breakfast in the cafe then off to bed for a few hours sleep before I've got to head to the airport...

I find out his name is James Sousa from the Wonderful World Wide Web. And it was 3rd place. I still think he's a douchebag.

Oh, and the National Deaf Poker Tour was at Binions when we were-came down into the poker room and like 60 people were all busy signing away! My question is, what about collusion-still only spoken English at the table or what?

I can't wait till next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home